Health Care Providers
The ADA and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act are federal civil rights laws which prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. ADA Expertise Consulting, LLC, founded by former Justice Department attorney Marc Dubin, assists health care providers comply with these important laws.
Hospitals, doctors, dentists, Urgent Care Centers, and pharmacists have a series of obligations to patients and their companions who have disabilities. ADA Expertise Consulting, LLC provides comprehensive services to enable health care providers to comply with the ADA and Section 504.
Obligations of health care providers include:
- Accessible websites
- Provision of sign language interpreters to patients and companions when necessary for effective communication
- Provision of printed material in accessible formats
- Policy modifications, including allowing patients and companions to be accompanied by a service dog
- Removal of architectural barriers in existing facilities when it is readily achievable to do so
- Compliance with the federal ADA Accessibility Guidelines (ADAAG) when engaged in alterations or new construction
- State and local governments providing health care services have additional obligations, including development of a Self Evaluation Plan concerning all of their programs, services, and activities, and development and updating of their Transition Plans. In addition, when a state or local government agency has 50 or more employees, they are required to appoint an ADA Coordinator.
ADA Expertise Consulting, LLC provides comprehensive assessments and guidance to health care providers. We have extensive experience with all aspects of the ADA and Section 504. In affiliation with other experts, we can assist you in minimizing your risk of ADA litigation and federal enforcement actions.